After being installed for a long time, Baokang ductile iron manhole covers have experienced wind and sun, so naturally there will also be some dirt or pollutants on the appearance, so for some dust on the surface and scratches and rust, etc. How should we clean and maintain it? Let's take a look with Baokang ductile iron manhole cover manufacturers .
1. Dust on the surface of ductile castings. Casting steel castings are often carried out in dusty places. There is often a lot of dust in the air, and they are constantly falling on the surface of the equipment. They can be removed with water or alkaline solutions. However, adherent dust requires high-pressure water or steam to clean it.
2. Floating iron powder or embedded iron on the surface of spheroidal graphite cast iron. On any surface, free iron will rust and cause corrosion of stainless steel. Therefore, it must be cleared. Floating powder can usually be removed with the dust. Some have strong adhesion and must be treated as embedded iron. In addition to dust, there are many sources of surface iron, including cleaning with ordinary carbon steel wire brushes and shot peening with sand, glass beads or other abrasives previously used on ordinary carbon steel, low alloy steel or cast iron parts, or Repair the aforementioned non-stainless steel products near the stainless steel parts and equipment. If the stainless steel is not protected during the cutting or lifting process, the iron on the wire rope, the spreader and the work surface can be easily embedded or stained on the surface.
3. Ductile casting scratches In order to prevent the accumulation of process lubricants or products or dirt, the scratches and other rough surfaces must be mechanically cleaned.
4. Rust or stains on stainless steel products or equipment are sometimes seen before or during the production of rust spots on ductile castings, which indicates that the surface is seriously polluted. The rust must be removed before the equipment is put into use, and the thoroughly cleaned surface should be inspected by iron test and / or water test.
5. Rough grinding and machining Grinding and machining will cause rough surface, leaving defects such as grooves, overlaps and burrs. Each kind of defect may also damage the metal surface to a certain depth, so that the damaged metal surface cannot be removed by methods such as pickling, electropolishing or shot peening. Rough surfaces can be the source of corrosion and deposition products. Rough grinding cannot be used to clean weld defects or remove excess weld reinforcement before re-welding. In the latter case, it should be ground again with a fine abrasive.